Terms and Conditions of the SKYWORTH “408 Global TV Festival” promotion
- This promotion is presented by SKYWORTH INVESTMENTS AFRICA Pty Ltd (“SKYWORTH”), and as such are all promotions presented by SKYWORTH in accordance with the provisions of Section 54 (1) of the Lotteries Amendment Act (46 of 2001).
- SKYWORTH promotions are open to all South Africans, unless otherwise stated. Promotions are not open to employees, agencies, prize sponsors or contractors of SKYWORTH, or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation or running of the promotion, or their immediate family members of any of the suppliers of SKYWORTH.
- Entries are only applicable to all South African residents with a valid South African identity number.
- The decision by SKYWORTH is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are not transferable, cannot be deferred or exchanged for cash and are not negotiable.
- Winners use and accept prizes at their own risk. SKYWORTH cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, or loss of property or damages of whatsoever nature experienced as a result of entering or participating in any promotion, winning, accepting and/or utilising prizes won.
- Prizes not collected/claimed within 6 months of being won will be dealt with in the sole and absolute discretion of SKYWORTH.
- By entering any promotion presented by SKYWORTH, the entrants agree to adhere to the rules of the promotion, the details of which the entrants declare themselves conversant with.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor in the sole and absolute discretion of SKYWORTH.
- SKYWORTH may also disqualify a transgressor for entry into any other SKYWORTH promotions, for a period deemed appropriate by SKYWORTH, in the sole and absolute discretion of the latter.
- SKYWORTH reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time, if deemed necessary in their sole and absolute discretion, and shall not be liable in anyway whatsoever to the entrants in respect of any cause or action whatsoever, for loss or damages of whatsoever nature.
- Winners may be required to have their details disclosed and appear on SKYWORTH social media platforms, radio, the Internet or in printed publications.
- SKYWORTH reserves the right to alter rules or prizes in their own and absolute discretion. Such altered rules and prizes shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by SKYWORTH and no entrant shall have any recourse or claim whatsoever against SKYWORTH as a result of thereof.
- SKYWORTH will make every reasonable effort to deliver the prize described in the publicized promotion but cannot accept responsibility if the prize differs in whole or part, or price value quoted from the prize as advertised.
- Winning or participating in a promotion is only finalised once the winners/participants have been contacted by SKYWORTH and announced on the designated social media platforms of SKYWORTH.
- Entrants must allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of prizes.
- Winners must have valid and acceptable South African citizenship identification to be eligible for the grand prize where applicable.
In addition to the standard terms and conditions of SKYWORTH as set out in the above, the terms and conditions as provided for hereunder shall also apply to the “408 Global TV Festival” promotion presented by SKYWORTH.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. The terms and conditions set out below shall apply to all participants submitting entries for the 408 Global TV Festival Promotion (“the promotion”) as presented by SKYWORTH.
- Participation in the promotion constitutes acceptance by the participant of these terms and conditions. All information relating to this competition/promotion and published on any hard or digital copy or format in respect of the promotion, will be deemed to form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
- This promotion is not applicable on any other offers/promotions or competitions offered by the retailer.
- All terms and conditions are subject to the laws of the Republic of South Africa and should there be any doubt and/or dispute of whatsoever nature between a participant to any competition/promotion presented by SKYWORTH, and SKYWORTH do the participant, by participating in this or any other competition/promotion presented by SKYWORTH, irrevocably acknowledge and accept that the decision by SKYWORTH to be final and binding on the participant and the participant not to have any recourse of claim of whatsoever nature against SKYWORTH.
- Due to the nature of the prize/offer, winners/participants must be 18 years or older at the time of entry and participation.
- The promotion is only open to South African citizens with a valid and acceptable identification.
- Entries for this promotion are open starting Monday 8 April 2019 and close, on Thursday, 18 April 2019.
- Purchase of the 55” or above SKYWORTH Android TV must be made during the promotion time frame as per the above paragraph (8/04/2019 – 18/04/2019) to be eligible to enter and to be considered for prizes/rewards. SKYWORTH reserves the right to request proof of purchase to validate the eligibility of entrants.
- To automatically qualify to enter this promotion, the entrant(s) must:
- Buy a 55” or larger SKYWORTH Android TV
- Keep your TV serial number found on back of TV and/or SKYWORTH TV warranty card or on the box available and dial this number in to *120*5421# and follow the prompts
- Email your proof of purchase to email@example.com
- Remember to keep the original till slip with you in order to claim your prize/offer once entry has been validated
- Prize/Offer details
9.a. Participants may choose one of the following prizes/rewards:
9.1.1. Travel Start Voucher
9.1.1.a. Valued at R650 for Domestic Travel
9.1.1.b Valued at R800 for International Travel
9.1.2. Woolworths Voucher
9.1.2.a. Valued at R500
9.1.3. Mangwanani Spa Voucher
9.1.3.a. Valued at R500
9.2. Additional Terms:
9.2.1. Travel Start Vouchers are valid for a period of 12 months
9.2.2. Should the value of the chosen option be less than the value of the voucher, the remaining balance will have to be forfeited (ie: it cannot be carried over).
- SKYWORTH’s decision is final and binding on entrants, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Multiple entries will be permitted, subject to each entry being submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements
- Participants must enter the promotion using their legal name, as stated on their South African Identity Document. SKYWORTH reserves the right to disqualify anyone entering a promotion in their sole and absolute discretion without having to provide any reasons thereto. By entering the promotion, the entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted by him/her is true, current and complete.
- All the prize(s) are offered by SKYWORTH.
- By entering this promotion, the entrant acknowledges and accepts that SKYWORTH reserves the right to request that images and video be taken of the winners and/or partners to be used for publicity purposes in the manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being payable to the winner and all the promotional material will become the sole property of SKYWORTH.
- SKYWORTH reserves the right to carry out reasonable due diligence investigation to confirm eligibility of the entrant to enter into and participate in this promotion, and thereby ensure that the entry, participation and utilizing of the entrant in the advertising or publicity for the promotion will not bring SKYWORTH into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavourably on the promotion.
- Participants of this promotion are voluntarily providing their personal information to SKYWORTH) and/or its associated agency. By entering this promotion, participants acknowledge and accept for SKYWORTH to collect, store and use (not share) personal information of participants for communication, statistical and publicity purposes. Participants are entitled to decline any marketing communication.
- SKYWORTH and its associated agency will at its own discretion be entitled to amend the terms and conditions or terminate the promotion at any given time without having to provide any reasons thereto.
- SKYWORTH may refuse to award the prize/reward to a participant if there is suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
- Neither SKYWORTH nor its agents or distributors will have any liability in relation to this promotion or emanating from this promotion in respect of any claim or recourse instituted by an participant or third party in or in respect of this promotion or for that matter, any other competition or promotion presented by SKYWORTH.
- All participants and winners indemnify SKYWORTH against any / all claims of whatsoever nature for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever connected to or arising from their entry and/or participation in any way in this promotion or any other competition or promotion presented by SKYWORTH.
- SKYWORTH and their Agency will adhere to the minimum standards of record keeping as prescribed by the applicable legislation and to the extent allowed in Law and similar reserve the right to terminate this promotion immediately and without notice and accept no responsibility for any tax commitments arising from the acceptance of a prize/s and/or rewards and independent financial advice should be sought by the participant for such purpose, nor be held responsible for any unforeseen costs with regard to the acceptance of a prize/s and/rewards, besides such costs which is stipulated in the rules of the competition or in law, nor guarantee, warrant or make any representations whatsoever regarding the quality, extent or monetary value of the prize/s and/or rewards.
- If SKYWORTH is required by any legislation, the Minister of Trade and Industry, or the National Lotteries to alter any aspect of the promotion or to terminate the promotion as a result of changes in legislation, SKYWORTH will have the right to terminate this promotion with immediate effect and without notice of such termination. In such event all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against SKYWORTH and/or Promoters and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against SKYWORTH and/or the Promoters, its agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
- SKYWORTH shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
- In the event that a prize is not available despite SKYWORTH and/or the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, SKYWORTH reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal value.